Security

Encrypt & Decrypt password in custom alert

manish_singh_77
Builder

Hi Team,

We want to encrypt the password that we are using in custom alert, is there any splunk library in python to encrypt and decrypt the password.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could google "python crypto libraries"... but why didn't you before posting? Perhaps you're looking for the easy button.

In that case, the easiest button i have would be to build your custom alert using the addon builder. It's drag and drop functionality coupled with its password field encryption ability saves you a lot of time.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2962/

0 Karma

manish_singh_77
Builder

I am trying to set up a custom alert which will invoke my script by passing variables such as username, password, source_file path and destination_path but when we are trying to decrypt the password using Fernet and cryptography libraries in the script we are getting module error.

Could you please help?

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I can help you do it with add on builder but first you have to try so you can ask relevant questions.

I can not help you with python libraries otherwise.

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @manish_singh_777,

What are you trying to achieve exactly ? Are you building a custom alert action ?

0 Karma

manish_singh_77
Builder

Hi @DavidHourani

I am trying to set up a custom alert which will invoke my script by passing variables such as username, password, source_file path and destination_path but when we are trying to decrypt the password using Fernet and cryptography libraries in the script we are getting module error.

Could you please help?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...