Security

Email notifications failing for Splunk ES alerts

kkrises
Path Finder

Hello all, we're configuring Splunk Enterprise security app within our environment, while testing alerts  the alert actions for sending email notifications are not working.

Checked the internal error logs and observed the below. Any idea what is causing this error?

ERROR:root:(501, b'Syntax error, parameters in command "mail FROM:<internal server> size=9571" unrecognized or missing'
ERROR ScriptRunner - stderr from '/opt/splunk/bin/python3.7 /opt/splunk/etc/apps/search/bin/sendemail.py

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@kkrises - I think you need to setup the email server configuration - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Alert/Emailnotification

I hope this helps!!!

kkrises
Path Finder

Found the issue, thanks

0 Karma

kkrises
Path Finder

Any help?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...