Security

ERROR PasswordHandler - Decrypted password from stanza=credential::127.0.0.1\\Administrator: is not utf8, skipping

ialislam

When attempting to SendAlert to trigger action from our Malwarebytes Splunk App. I receive the following Error in Splunkd log "ERROR PasswordHandler - Decrypted password from stanza=credential::127.0.0.1\Administrator: is not utf8, skipping". In the mbbr_python log, I receive the following Error, "05/02/19 22:42:55 dest_ip=172.16.207.125 message="password extracted for the username:127.0.0.1\Administrator"
05/02/19 22:42:55 title="error: unable to extract credentials"message="'clear_password'"

Any ideas on why?? Thanks in advance..

Tags (1)
0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

seems like your password was not encrypted correctly. Did you put in the same app itself?
(Or may be bug in the app)
Have a try by removing from all apps, and putting the same stanza in same app within $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/<config_file>.conf

Restart Splunk and see if it fixes

0 Karma

ialislam

Thanks for your suggestions. I will test your recommendation and update on results. Yes, I did install the application and was prepared to perform a total reinstallation of my Splunk instance. But was afraid I might have some issues with reuse of developers license in rebuild Splunk instance. Results coming..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...