Security

Dashboard Permission - View dashboard but don't have access to index

rafael_oliveira

I create a Dashboard and I want to share this Dashboard with other Team, but this team don't have access for the index.
How I share this Dashboard without giving permission in this index.
I can not give permission to this index because I have sensitive information.

0 Karma

secrecys
Explorer

1) Create the Reports to be used in the dashboard;
2) Schedule the reports;
3) Add the Reports to the Dashboard as panels;
4) Share both the reports and dashboard with that role.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @rafael_oliveira,
this is possible (not easy but possible!) only if this Team hasn't access to the search dashboards.
In other words, you should deny all direct accesses to Splunk search dashboards: disabling all the "Open in search" buttons of all your dashboards' panels in every App they cn use and the "Search and Reporting" App for them, so they can only see data in this dashboard.
I did it some years ago but it was a very particular use case with users with very few features.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

rafael_oliveira

I read about that, but these users still needing access to do Search, maybe I can add some permission only for Dashboard? Like each user can see the data only in the Dashboard not in the Search

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I haven't try, but if you first create reports and run those with your privileges and add those to dashboard as elements.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...