Security

Custom visualization not showing in Splunk Web

lydiapal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,
I have been followed the exact instructions on CustomVizTutorial,
but instead of using the name "radial_meter" I have used "singlevalue_custom" name where ever it appears.
I have successfully "built" the viz:

> singlevalue_custom@1.0.0 build /Applications/Splunk/share/splunk/app_templates/viz_tutorial_app/appserver/static/visualizations/singlevalue_custom
> $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk cmd node ./node_modules/webpack/bin/webpack.js

Hash: de8ed89a2bc45d3aadee
Version: webpack 1.15.0
Time: 618ms
           Asset    Size  Chunks             Chunk Names
visualization.js  678 kB       0  [emitted]  main
   [0] ./src/visualization_source.js 3.04 kB {0} [built]
    + 6 hidden modules

Now at Try out the visualization , I still cannot see it in my Search app > search > visualizations.
What are the reasons why this might happen?

Many thanks!

1 Solution

lydiapal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

So I finally found an answer to this:
At step https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.4/AdvancedDev/CustomVizTutorial#Build_the_app you should actually unzip the template in your apps folder /etc/apps instead, not the /app_templates folder, or alternatively create a new app and place it there.
The documentation is misleading..

View solution in original post

lydiapal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

So I finally found an answer to this:
At step https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.4/AdvancedDev/CustomVizTutorial#Build_the_app you should actually unzip the template in your apps folder /etc/apps instead, not the /app_templates folder, or alternatively create a new app and place it there.
The documentation is misleading..

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...