Security

Configuring a user role able to create app level dashboards

stevepraz
Path Finder

We currently have an environment with either admins or users. This works well except that normal users don't have the ability to "publish" their dashboards for wider use.

I was hoping we may be able to configure an array of power user style roles that would allow certain users to only have edit capabilities for dashboards in a certain app that belongs to their team.

Is this something that is possible? I don't see anyway in the capabilities to restrict to a certain app. It seems my power users would be able to edit everyone's dashboard, regardless of team.

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can update the sharing permissions for the app to allow write access to power user roles only for apps where allowed.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can update the sharing permissions for the app to allow write access to power user roles only for apps where allowed.

0 Karma

stevepraz
Path Finder

I totally forgot about being able to set permissions there. That worked exactly as I wanted. Can you please resubmit as an Answer so I can accept it and give you credit?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...