Security

Configuring Splunk SSL for forwarder/indexer communication

liquidclay23
Explorer

Hey Splunkers,

This maybe less of a question and more of a comment. The "Configure Splunk forwarding to use signed certificates" documentation states you should configure:

sslPassword = The password for the CAcert

Obviously your not going to put the CA's secret password on a forwarder. I assume the intention is to say you would put the forwarder's certificate password here as entered by the CA when creating the cert. I believe this is poor verbiage.

In a related note - should you set a challenge password for this cert?

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.5/Security/ConfigureSplunkforwardingtousesignedcert...

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Every Splunk documentation page has a comment section at the bottom where you can give your feedback/questions/concerns about the page's content. That comment goes to the Splunk Documentation management team directly, so I would suggest you post your feedback there (as well).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...