Security

Configuring Splunk SSL for forwarder/indexer communication

liquidclay23
Explorer

Hey Splunkers,

This maybe less of a question and more of a comment. The "Configure Splunk forwarding to use signed certificates" documentation states you should configure:

sslPassword = The password for the CAcert

Obviously your not going to put the CA's secret password on a forwarder. I assume the intention is to say you would put the forwarder's certificate password here as entered by the CA when creating the cert. I believe this is poor verbiage.

In a related note - should you set a challenge password for this cert?

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.5/Security/ConfigureSplunkforwardingtousesignedcert...

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Every Splunk documentation page has a comment section at the bottom where you can give your feedback/questions/concerns about the page's content. That comment goes to the Splunk Documentation management team directly, so I would suggest you post your feedback there (as well).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...