Security

Configuring SAML base role - problem with new user

avishni01
Explorer

hello

We have a role that have permission to view an app, we have configured SAML GROUP to associate an AD group to that role.

Users in this group are viewing the app correctly and it is working ok for long time.

i have problem when new user is added to this group. no meter what i try , the new user cannot access the specific app , and cannot even see the app in the app list.

between the things i have tried "reloading authentication configuration" , /debug/refresh but that didn't help

• what am i missing in this process setting permission to new user in existing group ?
  • how can i debug the problem and understand why this user cannot access (or view ) the app ?

Some information about our environment : SPLUNK 7.2.5.1 , in clustered environment

Thanks
Avishni

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...