Security

Change file permissions?

splunkuseradmin
Path Finder

hi everyone,
I have uploaded a lookup file (file1.csv).
Under sharing its permissions are set to private. How do I change it to globally from UI?

When I go to settings > lookups> lookups and tables> permissions>",
and I change from keep APP to This app only (everyone read).

I get this error:

"Splunk could not update permissions for resource data/lookup-table-files [HTTP 403] Client is not authorized to perform requested action; https://127.0.0.1:8089/servicesNS/231234/cisco_cdr/data/lookup-table-files/file1.csv/acl";

Please help me change permissions globally.

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

bpadmanbhachari
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The power user cannot share the lookup file globally, but you can request admin role user to make it global.

settings > lookups> lookup table files > permissions > Change from "This app only" to "All apps". Then it will be global

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bpadmanbhachari
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The power user cannot share the lookup file globally, but you can request admin role user to make it global.

settings > lookups> lookup table files > permissions > Change from "This app only" to "All apps". Then it will be global

0 Karma

evania
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @splunkuseradmin ,

Did you have a chance to check out any answers? If it worked, please resolve this post by approving it! If your problem is still not solved, keep us updated so that someone else can help you.

Thanks for posting!

0 Karma

splunkuseradmin
Path Finder

for my admin as well there is only 2 options in permissions
1. private
2 ."this app only"

or you saying, ask him to upload my lookups from his side and change permissions to "All Apps" ?

or can he change permissions of my "private lookups" which i want to make it "globally" ?

0 Karma

bpadmanbhachari
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is how I tried in my environment.

Created power user, logged in with that user.
Created lookup tables and provided read to all and write permission to admin.
Logged in as admin user now, >> lookup tables >> under permission >> I can find "All apps" tab as well.
You cam try same steps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...