Security

Can't log in to trial download to complete fundamentals course

jmuehlenbein

Hello, I'm trying to complete module 4 of the free fundamentals 1 course. The instructions say you can install a trial version and use username 'admin' and password 'changeme' to log in. When I enter those credentials, though, I get an 'invalid username or password' error. Any ideas?
I'm wondering if it might be related to the fact that the course is for version 6.x but the download is version 7.x. Might see if I can find a copy of 6.x and see if that changes anything....

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

That is the issue, yes. Version 7.1 requires you to set your own password when you install it. You should have been prompted for that step.

You can download older releases from https://www.splunk.com/page/previous_releases.

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Just adding: The new behavior started with Splunk 7.1, so you'll have the old behavior with 7.0.4 and below.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...