Security

Can someone suggest a method to ensure my scheduled report will run without being skipped?

auzark
Path Finder

Hi,

Can someone suggest to me a method to ensure, my scheduled report will run without being skipped.

Cron = 8,18,28,38,48,58 * * * * with a schedule window of 15 minutes. I use a custom timeframe larger than required to cater for when the report is skipped.

Generally the report will run 2 times an hour sometimes 3, but at times does not run for a full hour. When I run the report adhoc, it takes less than a minute.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @auzark,

I'm sorry I'm not a magitian!

if you could, at least, access the Monitoring Console you could debug your situation, otherwise, you can only report to your manager that there's a problem (Huston, we have a problem!) to analyze, and analysis must be performed starting from my questions.

Good hope, tell me if I can help your more!

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @auzark,

maybe the correct question should be: why are the reports sckipped?

So you should analyze your reports execution,using the Monitoring Console (in the Search section).

You should understand if sometimes there are too jobs planned for the same time, or if the resources aren't sufficient or if you should change your scheduling.

I'd start from these analysis:

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

auzark
Path Finder

Hi Giuseppe,

Thanks for responding.  Unfortunately, I can not answer all those questions. I work for a large bank in Australia and am deemed a user of Splunk with no access to  our Splunk environment.

auzark_0-1659426046796.png

I suppose, I was hoping for a magic formula to make sure my report runs on time.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @auzark,

I'm sorry I'm not a magitian!

if you could, at least, access the Monitoring Console you could debug your situation, otherwise, you can only report to your manager that there's a problem (Huston, we have a problem!) to analyze, and analysis must be performed starting from my questions.

Good hope, tell me if I can help your more!

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...