Security

Can I configure Splunk so non admin user is asked for password change for the first login?

melonman
Motivator

Hi,

At the first login by admin user, admin user will be asked to change password.
I want the password change request from Splunk Web for non admin user also for the first login of each login user.

Could I configure Splunk so Splunk asks users to change password for the first login?

Thank you in advance,

0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Consider moving authentication to LDAP/AD. Then Splunk doesn't need to deal with that stuff and you don't get another silo of users.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Even for dozens of users I'd want to use some central means of authentication.

0 Karma

melonman
Motivator

Thank you for the comment.

That's what I am thining for a large environment with LDAP already deployed.
I thought it would be nicer if I could provice such features in a smaller environment for dozen to hundred users for test environment.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Consider moving authentication to LDAP/AD. Then Splunk doesn't need to deal with that stuff and you don't get another silo of users.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...