Security

Can I configure Splunk so non admin user is asked for password change for the first login?

melonman
Motivator

Hi,

At the first login by admin user, admin user will be asked to change password.
I want the password change request from Splunk Web for non admin user also for the first login of each login user.

Could I configure Splunk so Splunk asks users to change password for the first login?

Thank you in advance,

0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Consider moving authentication to LDAP/AD. Then Splunk doesn't need to deal with that stuff and you don't get another silo of users.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Even for dozens of users I'd want to use some central means of authentication.

0 Karma

melonman
Motivator

Thank you for the comment.

That's what I am thining for a large environment with LDAP already deployed.
I thought it would be nicer if I could provice such features in a smaller environment for dozen to hundred users for test environment.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Consider moving authentication to LDAP/AD. Then Splunk doesn't need to deal with that stuff and you don't get another silo of users.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...