Security

Best practices and questions about network configurations with Splunk Enterprise in a Kubernetes environment?

chris94089
Path Finder

Greetings,

I'm working on ways to set up Splunk containers inside Kubernetes.  I wanted to ask here if anybody has ever done this, and if there are some gotchas I should know about.

I've heard that Kubernetes Ingress provides TLS, so the inside of a pod doesn't have to listen to encryption as a result.  How does this affect configuring the Splunk container?  Can features like SSL AND TLS be turned off? Does turning off encryption features in Splunk break anything? Is this even possible with Splunk Enterprise?

I apologize for the general, high-level type of question, but there's not a lot of documentation out there for this.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...