Security

Azure AD SAML not working : Why is verification of SAML assertion using the IDP's certificate provided failing?

ayush1906
Path Finder

Hi All,

have generated Azure AD SAML XML and certificate using Splunk Blog:

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/tips-and-tricks/configuring-microsoft-s-azure-security-assertion-m... 

After loading up XML in a totally new instance, it gives the below error:

Verification of SAML assertion using the IDP's certificate provided failed. Error: failed to verify signature with certVerification of SAML assertion using the IDP's certificate provided failed. Error: failed to verify signature with cert

In Azure portal can see the certificate is active:

Capture.JPG

not sure where to look further..... any leads here......

@tkomatsubara_sp @richgalloway @tshah-splunk 

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ayush1906
Path Finder

our team had created a portal, which interacted with Azure Portal, looks like some payload mismatch was causing certificate issue.

On configuring directly in Azure Portal, it worked as expected. 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ayush1906
Path Finder

our team had created a portal, which interacted with Azure Portal, looks like some payload mismatch was causing certificate issue.

On configuring directly in Azure Portal, it worked as expected. 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...