Security

Are old diag-temp files needed? (Probably not.)

I_am_Jeff
Communicator

Looking to recover some disk space. Can I delete old diag-temp directories, anything under run/splunk/diag-temp? Here are some samples I've pasted from tar(1) output.

./run/splunk/diag-temp/diag-hostname-2010-11-23/etc/ngram-models/_hebrew-ISO-8859-8.ngrams, 1244 bytes, 3 tape blocks
x ./var/run/splunk/diag-temp/diag-hostname-2010-11-23/etc/ngram-models/_bosnian.ngrams, 1247 bytes, 3 tape blocks
x ./var/run/splunk/diag-temp/diag-hostname-2010-11-23/etc/ngram-models/_slovak-CP1250.ngrams, 1215 bytes, 3 tape blocks
x ./var/run/splunk/diag-temp/diag-hostname-2010-11-23/etc/ngram-models/_sanskrit.ngrams, 1207 bytes, 3 tape blocks
x ./var/run/splunk/diag-temp/diag-hostname-2010-11-23/etc/ngram-models/_hindi.ngrams, 1244 bytes, 3 tape blocks
x ./var/run/splunk/diag-temp/diag-hostname-2010-11-23/etc/ngram-models/_catalan.ngrams, 1273 bytes, 3 tape blocks

I believe the answer is, "Those are not needed beyond troubleshooting and can be removed," but would like confirmation.

Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Those file should be deleted after the generation of the diag. It may have failed.
You can remove the folder siat-temp safely to claim space.

View solution in original post

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Those file should be deleted after the generation of the diag. It may have failed.
You can remove the folder siat-temp safely to claim space.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...