Security

After upgrading from 6.3.7 to 6.5.2, why are we getting the error on search: "Cannot get username when all users are selected"?

Path Finder

After upgrading from 6.3.7 to 6.5.2, we are getting the error on search: "Cannot get username when all users are selected".

Some people are getting this and some aren't.
We are also seeing different results for different browsers relative this error.

Regards.

1 Solution

Path Finder

Thanks for the response.

A colleague recommended deleting browser history to 'end of time' -- which worked.

Regards.

View solution in original post

Path Finder

Thanks for the response.

A colleague recommended deleting browser history to 'end of time' -- which worked.

Regards.

View solution in original post

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Well that is certainly a simple fix. I appreciate you following up for others that may run into this as well.

Jacob
Sr. Technical Support Engineer
0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I had a customer run into this when going to 6.3.0 and it was resolved in 6.3.2:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.2/ReleaseNotes/6.3.2#Upgrade_issues

• SPL-107449: After upgrade to 6.3 some Splunk web elements are missing due to cookie arrays failing to be parsed.

I realize you are on a newer version but just for context (or other folks who have this error), I wanted to include that. Also, looking at this bug, there were some customers who had this error but it was due to other issues:

• Issue occurred upgrading from 6.3.x to 6.4. Customer corrected by disabling sticky persistent session in F5, just turned it off. the persistence profile of load balancer was misconfigured.

• They had NFS storage and there was a time issue: The NFS storage software was set to a different timezone than the server that was utilizing it. Although the date/time matched, the time zone was different. While investigating the web_service.log we noted many "Session expired" messages. Time drift on the NFS was heavily interfering with Splunk web. Correcting the time zone on the NFS fixed the issue. ** Just a further note, as we've just gone through Daylight Savings time here in most of the US, this could be a likely candidate or something else related to time skew and storage.

Jacob
Sr. Technical Support Engineer