Security

After removing the permission for dashboard_role from the Search & Reporting app, why can the user no longer log in?

splunk47

I can login as dashboard_user as long as the dashboard_role has access to "search & Reporting". The moment I take the permission out for the above role from "search & reporting", user cannot login anymore. Error message "404 not found" and "Splunk cannot find the 'dashboards' view"

I noticed that even with only two capabilities dashboard_user (when allowed access in search & reporting, without which user cannot login) was able to create a new dashboard, which I certainly do not want for this user.

0 Karma

NOUMSSI
Builder

Hi guys,

Here are solutions that I propose:

First solution:
Edit permissions of that dashboard. At option Display for tick All apps ;select read and/or write for option Everyone and save.

second solution:
Create the new app for the user; create that dashboard in that new app.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is the default app for dashboard_role set to Search & Reporting?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

splunk47

no to a new app which i have created for that new user

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...