Security

Advisory ID: SVD-2022-0608- Is this a customer installable upgrade (to version 9)?

Vicmeister

Hi,

Security alert: Splunk Universal Forwarder.

Is this a customer installable upgrade (to version 9), or do I need to get my Splunk Partner to install it for me? Is there a procedure document anywhere?

Mant thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

it’s customer installable update. But fore you could do it you must update also your splunk infra to 9.0.0 which may not be a good idea as this is so new version! I know that there is already done e.g. DS updates (when DS is on separate node) without any real issues. Before you start to update your splunk servers you should read needed docs about it or maybe it’s better to ask help from your splunk partner. Of course if your are using splunk cloud then it’s much easier to do. Just update your DS and then UFs. 
r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...