Security

Advanced Edit Option not available for users other than Admin

dickidv

Hi,

I am the admin for a clustered Splunk environment, we are running Enterprise Splunk version 7.3.2. I have several different Apps that my customers use and access to each app is managed via Active directory groups and LDAP authentication. I am struggling with the settings for an alert in a particular app. I am trying to determine how I can make the "Advanced Edit" option available to all users who have access to this particular App.

I have ensured that all roles associated with the App have write permissions for the alert. The only way I can get the "Advanced Edit" option to display is to make an individual user the owner of the alert. When I make a user the owner of the alert, only the owner and admin can see the "Advanced Edit" option from the Searches, Reports, and Alerts UI screen. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Any help you provide is greatly appreciated!!alt text alt text

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...