Security

Advanced Edit Option not available for users other than Admin

dickidv

Hi,

I am the admin for a clustered Splunk environment, we are running Enterprise Splunk version 7.3.2. I have several different Apps that my customers use and access to each app is managed via Active directory groups and LDAP authentication. I am struggling with the settings for an alert in a particular app. I am trying to determine how I can make the "Advanced Edit" option available to all users who have access to this particular App.

I have ensured that all roles associated with the App have write permissions for the alert. The only way I can get the "Advanced Edit" option to display is to make an individual user the owner of the alert. When I make a user the owner of the alert, only the owner and admin can see the "Advanced Edit" option from the Searches, Reports, and Alerts UI screen. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Any help you provide is greatly appreciated!!alt text alt text

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...