Security

Advanced Edit Option not available for users other than Admin

dickidv

Hi,

I am the admin for a clustered Splunk environment, we are running Enterprise Splunk version 7.3.2. I have several different Apps that my customers use and access to each app is managed via Active directory groups and LDAP authentication. I am struggling with the settings for an alert in a particular app. I am trying to determine how I can make the "Advanced Edit" option available to all users who have access to this particular App.

I have ensured that all roles associated with the App have write permissions for the alert. The only way I can get the "Advanced Edit" option to display is to make an individual user the owner of the alert. When I make a user the owner of the alert, only the owner and admin can see the "Advanced Edit" option from the Searches, Reports, and Alerts UI screen. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Any help you provide is greatly appreciated!!alt text alt text

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...