Security

Accreditation assessment module has moved!: real or fishing?

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi at all,

this is a different question than usual:

I received an eMail from Splunk Accreditations Team <admin@mindtickle.com> with the following subject: "Accreditation assessment module has moved!".

I didn't required any Accreditation assessment and I don't know this eMail address.

Does anyone know this email?

Ciao and thanks.

Giuseppe

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I did get the same email.

The mindtickle.com seems to be legit - it is the service providing - among others - Splunk Partner Learning Center - I did receive email from them earlier with notification regarding Splunk Accreditation and I get other newsletters from other companies sent through them fairly often.

I suppose you must have had - at least at some point in the past - an account on the Partner Learning Center (or any other predecessor of that service if it had been migrated from something else) and thus you got "hit" by the email.

The mail itself doesn't seem to be dangerous in any way since it doesn't include any non-text content, no links to click and whatnot. It's just a purely textual information that might have been a bit mistargeted.

View solution in original post

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I did get the same email.

The mindtickle.com seems to be legit - it is the service providing - among others - Splunk Partner Learning Center - I did receive email from them earlier with notification regarding Splunk Accreditation and I get other newsletters from other companies sent through them fairly often.

I suppose you must have had - at least at some point in the past - an account on the Partner Learning Center (or any other predecessor of that service if it had been migrated from something else) and thus you got "hit" by the email.

The mail itself doesn't seem to be dangerous in any way since it doesn't include any non-text content, no links to click and whatnot. It's just a purely textual information that might have been a bit mistargeted.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...