Security

AD mapped users unable to login to Splunk

damode
Motivator

I have mapped an AD group to Splunk's admin role. However, users are still unable to login.

After a bit of researching, I realised (from User name attribute setting within Splunk's LDAP strategy configuration page), sAMAccountname's value in AD has to be case insensitive. However, after I looked up LDAP directory for the sAMAccountname's value, I noticed the user's username actually has some uppercase letters too.

I have spoken to the LDAP admin and he advised that its not possible to modify the username to all lower case.

In this case, can anyone please advise how I can resolve this issue ?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @damode,

Why does it have that format in LDAP? When using other applications are your users using LDAP with lowercase usernames as well ?

0 Karma

damode
Motivator

Hi David, I am not sure why but they have had that format since ages and never faced any issues with any applications. They use the same format for other applications.

0 Karma

skalliger
Motivator

Can you create a test user all lowercase, put it into an authorised group and try to authenticate?

I somehow doubt that this is the problem.

Skalli

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...