Security

502 Bad Gateway -- When I login to a aserver

sarithapguptha
Engager

Hi,
I am not able to login to my splunk environment, its showing as 502 Bad Gateway
but in the backend server(using linux) I can see the splunk status as running, dnt no why the problem occurrs.
Before the issue was the splunk server will be running but will get 502 Bad Gateway error after 2 days or so, I had to login in backend and restart then it was working fine, but now nothing is working.

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @sarithapguptha ,

502 Bad Gateway error is usually generated by a proxy/gateway/loadbalancer between your browser and the backend splunk server. Please describe your setup. Can you reach the backend directly, bypassing the proxy?

0 Karma

sarithapguptha
Engager

Hi PavelP,

It's a standalone environment, I am able to reach the backend without any issues, I am able to login and check the status, restart everything but when I try to access the link its showing as 502 Bad Gateway

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

@sarithapguptha

by backend you mean the splunk UI at http(s)://splunk:8000?

do you see 502 errors in internals logs?

index=_internal  status=502
0 Karma

sarithapguptha
Engager

I am not able to access the Splunk UI and when i restart i get a message as "Web interface not available"

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

@sarithapguptha ,

do you see any errors in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log ?

0 Karma

sarithapguptha
Engager

no errors...

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

@sarithapguptha

if this a test splunk install and you don't have any important data then deinstall splunk completely and reinstall following step by step splunk installation instructions : https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.3/Installation/Chooseyourplatform

0 Karma

sarithapguptha
Engager

it's not a test splunk instance, I have other applications installed in it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...