Security

2 Panels (reports) in one Dashboard but Only One Panel is visible to others

sudarshan391
Path Finder

I have created and added 2 reports in one dashboard but when other users are trying to view my dashboard they are only able to view first report / panel in dashboard. for second report in dashboard it is coming like "no results found"

i have given read access to everyone on both reports and dashboard.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Sud

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sudarshan391
Path Finder

Hi Friends, I have found out the issue here. It was related to the Permission of the "Field extractions".

When you Extract the fields, a new field extraction will be created under fields and one need to set the Read permission to everyone.

Thanks everyone for their views here.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

make it global
check on top checkbox it is for all in permissioin

Thanks
Harish

sudarshan391
Path Finder

yes, you are right, it needs to be mark as global and required to select the appropriate permission for groups.
Thanks for your reply.

0 Karma

sudarshan391
Path Finder

Hi Friends, I have found out the issue here. It was related to the Permission of the "Field extractions".

When you Extract the fields, a new field extraction will be created under fields and one need to set the Read permission to everyone.

Thanks everyone for their views here.

0 Karma

SplunkersRock
Path Finder

what all the user access you had to the groups other users should also have the same.
than they can see your dashboard.

0 Karma

sudarshan391
Path Finder

Thanks for reply, yes all users who are viewing are in the same group and having the same access level.. I made the dashboard Read for everyone and write for admins.

0 Karma

paulbannister
Communicator

Hi Sud,

Have the users got access to the relevant indexes/extractions/lookups related the the second report?

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That's the big one there.

"NO results found" means the search ran but they can't see the data. So, that means that either you didn't specify the index and they have a different default index (or indexes) than you do, or that they don't have read access to some part of the data required to make the panel show anything.

Grab one representative user and have then run the search standalone. If they get nothing, then try ...

index=foo | head 1

...to see whether they can see anything on that index. If they do have access, then you'll have to break your query into chunks and see which one they are having problems with.

sudarshan391
Path Finder

Hi paulbannister & DalJeanis, Thanks for replying.

what i have did is that I uploaded an .csv file through Settings -> Add Data feature and used an already created index.

both reports are based on that index only. I used same index in both report's query but still my friends are only able to view the first report.

also the query is not so long it is just a simple short query.
"index=service_ticket_sudarshan sourcetype=csv | chart count by Subsubcategory | sort +num(count)"

may be DalJeanis is right, what i will do is that now i will create a new index to upload .csv files and than try to create reports and will check further with the newly created index .

I noticed when I create a new report i will make sure to go in right after and mark it read for everybody and write for admins in the search app

Thanks
sud

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...