Security & the Enterprise
Much secured. So patch!

Splunk Enterprise and audits

ochoa165
Explorer

Hello everyone I am extremely new at using Splunk enterprise and i have been tasked with generating security audits...i am aware of how to use the CLI to generate data integrity audits to ensure the data hasn't been tampered with however i am unsure of how to query audits for the below scenarios:

-failed logons

-brute force attempts

-user logons

-administrative privilege escalations

any help or guidance is appreciated... I have done limited research in terms of using :

https://gosplunk.com/category/splunk-dashboards/

I haven't been able to find much via splunk docs unfortunately.. maybe i havent found the right manual.  

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The Splunk Security Essentials app has examples for all of those use cases and many more.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

ochoa165
Explorer

Thank you for replying! So am I correct in assuming i would need to install the Splunk Security Essentials App on top of Splunk Enterprise?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you wish to see the example queries then, yes, you will need to install the app.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...