San Antonio User Group

Looking for a Splunk trainer or teacher

robcgaskins
Path Finder

Looking for someone that is willing to teach and train splunk in person for myself  Willingly to compensate time and discuss how to be involved with splunk san antonio community, to better help evolve myself to grow this community.  

Tags (2)

GDustin
Path Finder

If you email me we can discuss live assistance with subject matter review or live exercises. I've been running a fairly big completely distributed cluster with community, Splunk Inc., and Premium add-ons for years; 90%security/10%ops focus.
DustinMcCoyEE@gmail.com ~NorthEast SATX

Update:
...Oh yeah, you got all the certs; LMK if you ever want to brainstorm actuals ~live.

0 Karma

ZO
Engager

Hello Team,

I'm just now doing the introductory training, but if this would be an online event, I'd be interested in attending any "learning sessions". I have a home lab and plan to work on production systems soon, please keep me in the loop and I can add value when I can.

Atriarc
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@robcgaskins

First and foremost, welcome to the San Antonio Splunk Usergroup! We are excited to see new members jumping in to get their hands dirty with Splunk. There are some great resources available for folks going through their Splunk inauguration. Attached to this post I have shared Splunk's Fast Start Program. This is a brief PDF outlining the different courses available through Splunk Education to get you and your team up and running. I got my start with Splunk running through their self-taught and eventually virtual classes and can't recommend them enough. You can also check out the other courses available from Splunk Education here: https://www.splunk.com/en_us/training.html?sort=Newest

As always, if you have any specific topics you'd like some assistance with please post here on these forums and we can all try and tackle the problem together. I look forward to meeting you and discussing things further as we grow the San Antonio Splunk User Group together!

Very respectfully,

Charles (Atriarc)

0 Karma

robcgaskins
Path Finder

Thank you Charles!  I just recently past my core user and power exams.  I'm having difficulty with the advance power user, so was looking to learn from experienced San Antonio Splunk experts to grow myself and be a person to grow our community as well.  If you have any recommendations, shot them my way.  Once again thank you and I look forward to an involved San Antonio Splunk UserGroup.  If your able to let me shadow in person, I'm all for it.  I live on SeaWorld side of town.  

0 Karma

Atriarc
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you have any specific areas of the Advanced Power User you're struggling with?

0 Karma

robcgaskins
Path Finder

Alerts with lookups, acceleration data models, tokens, advance search macros, and drilldowns.  ?

0 Karma

Atriarc
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you have any specific questions or issues you're experiencing with those subject areas?

0 Karma

robcgaskins
Path Finder

lipsy expression, concept I haven't grasp totally

0 Karma

robcgaskins
Path Finder

just wanting to get my head wrapped around those ideas better.  that's why I'm wanting to connect with someone that is experienced to learn from or with.

0 Karma

Atriarc
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Nothing wrong with that, without specific questions all I can really recommend is reading the Splunk Docs pertaining to the specific questions you have. There are a plethora of .conf talks out there about many of these topics too. Some of them are a bit dated, but their theories still ring true.

robcgaskins
Path Finder

Can you explain ingesting the data to the indexers from the forwarders, the process with using linux and instances?  Are you going to the meetup on Tuesday for the San Antonio Splunk Community.

0 Karma

GDustin
Path Finder

Do you have 2 services in play only or distributed? 

UF/HF forwarding~inputs.conf->outputs.conf (egress TCP/UDP ethereal)
IDX reception~inputs.conf (ingress TCP ~9997 default)

Deployment Server /Forwarder Management ~serverclass.conf[for above or distributed multiples of above] (ingress TCP 8089 default)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...