Other Usage

use dashboard date filter for an embedded report

arusoft
Communicator

I have a dashboard that has date filter. I have embedded a report to this dashboard.

Here is how my report part of dashboard looks like

<panel>
<table>
<title>My Test Report</title>
<search ref="my_test_report"></search>
</table>
</panel>

So how can I use the dashboard date filter with this embedded report too.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is how reports work with dashboards. Essentially, the dashboard is loading a set of results from the (last execution of the) report, which it can then do further operations on, such as filtering by time.

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could set up a base search in your dashboard which retrieves the (last set of) results from the report, then base your panel search on this search to apply the date filter.

0 Karma

arusoft
Communicator

So won't that force me to retrieve all the data (All time) in report before hand? Or is this how reports are supposed to work with dashboard?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is how reports work with dashboards. Essentially, the dashboard is loading a set of results from the (last execution of the) report, which it can then do further operations on, such as filtering by time.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...