Reporting

splunk failed to fetch form values for form "saved/searches"

dmillis
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

My 4.1.4 Splunk instance on MacOS 10.6.4 will no longer allow me to save searches, complaining with the error: 'splunk failed to fetch form values for form "saved/searches"'.

User is 'admin', and the following event from the _internal index seems to be tied to the problem:

2010-10-12 00:17:13,481 ERROR [4cb3fd690d1fa23f0] admin:835 - uiHelper processValueAdd operator failed for endpoint_path=saved/searches/_new elementName=spl-ctrl_summary_index: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable host=dmillis-mbp15.local sourcetype=splunk_web_service source=/Applications/splunk/var/log/splunk/web_service.log

I have an enterprise license.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

dmillis
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I decided to reinstall 4.1.5, which solved the problem.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...