Reporting

sendemail [Errno 110] Connection

djmikef

I'm trying to send an email with the server being different from the one specified in the system settings. Here is the search that I'm using:

mySearch | sendemail to="myEmail@place.com" server=myServer

I'm getting this error:

command="sendemail", [Errno 110] Connection timed out while sending mail to: myEmail@place.com

This works on a splunk server on the same subnet. Is this a problem with the way I'm using sendemail or is it more likely a network issue?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Drainy
Champion

That error is a network error and not really a Splunk error.

I would do a couple of connectivity tests to the sendmail server with the details you're trying to use, make sure you have the right ports etc.

View solution in original post

vennemp
Observer

I am having same issue. I can telnet over the smtp port to the smtp server configured in the email settings in splunk from an ssh session to Splunk host. I don't see how this is a networking issue and I can see the traffic going out of my firewall.

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

That error is a network error and not really a Splunk error.

I would do a couple of connectivity tests to the sendmail server with the details you're trying to use, make sure you have the right ports etc.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...