Reporting

scheduled PDF report: how to chnage properties (orientation, size)?

wsw70
Communicator

Hello,

I started to schedule PDF views to be mailed out, just to realize that the format I have chosen upon my first scheduling (A4 portrait) is not optimal.

Now I would like to change the properties of the generated PDF to A3 landscape -- where can i find the settings (I had a look in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/pdfserver/ but the contents are quite cryptic). I tried to find something in the Manager as well, unfortunately I found everything but these specific settings.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Mahieu
Communicator

You can do that through the GUI, go to Manager / system settings / email alert settings and make the changes you want in the pdf report settings part.

Also, make sure you get Splunk 5 when it's released. I'm currently testing the beta version and the pdf part looks great.

M.

View solution in original post

Mahieu
Communicator

You can do that through the GUI, go to Manager / system settings / email alert settings and make the changes you want in the pdf report settings part.

Also, make sure you get Splunk 5 when it's released. I'm currently testing the beta version and the pdf part looks great.

M.

wsw70
Communicator

Thanks, I do not know how I could have missed that....

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...