Other Usage

report available devices per day

lemontree1
Explorer

I will get a report for the last 5 days with the avalability of devices/tools. Therefor I search for all defect Devices at a day with the stats dc command. Afterwards I will calculate the available devices with the equation

Avail = All - Defect

and displays this for every day in the last week. But after the stats dc command are only 2 fields visible:   _time , dc_Devices. For my calculation I need the All field too.

my search ...

| eval All = 100

| bin span=1d _time

| stats dc(Devices) as dc_Devices by _time

How to add a calculation for  the available value?

Thx in advance

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You must add All also to stats as after stats you have only those fields which are used in it. Based on values and meanings of All you could use e.g.

| stats values(All) as All dc(Devices) as dc_Devices by _time

Instead of values you could use list, max, min etc. based on your means. Other option is add All after "by _time" 

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You must add All also to stats as after stats you have only those fields which are used in it. Based on values and meanings of All you could use e.g.

| stats values(All) as All dc(Devices) as dc_Devices by _time

Instead of values you could use list, max, min etc. based on your means. Other option is add All after "by _time" 

r. Ismo

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...