Reporting

refreshed: undefined NaN, 0NaN NaN:NaN:NaN

Michael
Contributor

(Note: I'm sure this has already been asked, I saw it posted once, but didn't need it, now that I need it, I can't find it. )

Since updating to 4.1.1 (enterprise, Linux, 64bit) most of my reports in various views show a "refreshed: undefined NaN, 0NaN NaN:NaN:NaN". They're all set to run at a scheduled time, and can't find a common denominator as to why some display the last time they ran, and some show the "undefined" message -- often even in the same view/dashboard.

Oh, and they ARE running -- they show data for the last time they were ran, but that derned 'ol "refreshed" message is still wiggin out...

Thanks in advance... Myk

Tags (1)
1 Solution

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Im afraid this was a bug introduced in 4.1.1 ( SPL-31162 for other internal folks following along )

It's been fixed but it missed the boat for 4.1.2 so the fix wont be out until 4.1.3.

You're correct, the bug affects scheduled searches being displayed on dashboards. As to why some of your scheduled searches are showing proper dates when some or most are broken, im not sure.

There are a couple workarounds available. One rather extreme approach if these are standard editable dashboards (aka simplified XML), is to remove the 'title' from the dashboard editing UI. The removal of the title takes along the 'last refreshed' stuff with it.

Or if you dont want to lose all of your nice panel titles, but you are willing to create an application.css file and put it at the right place on the filesystem ( $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/appserver/static/application.css )

Then here are the 3 lines you'd want inside:

.splLastRefreshed {
    display:none;
}

although if you get your hands dirty like that, remember to delete it when you upgrade to 4.1.3

n

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Im afraid this was a bug introduced in 4.1.1 ( SPL-31162 for other internal folks following along )

It's been fixed but it missed the boat for 4.1.2 so the fix wont be out until 4.1.3.

You're correct, the bug affects scheduled searches being displayed on dashboards. As to why some of your scheduled searches are showing proper dates when some or most are broken, im not sure.

There are a couple workarounds available. One rather extreme approach if these are standard editable dashboards (aka simplified XML), is to remove the 'title' from the dashboard editing UI. The removal of the title takes along the 'last refreshed' stuff with it.

Or if you dont want to lose all of your nice panel titles, but you are willing to create an application.css file and put it at the right place on the filesystem ( $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/appserver/static/application.css )

Then here are the 3 lines you'd want inside:

.splLastRefreshed {
    display:none;
}

although if you get your hands dirty like that, remember to delete it when you upgrade to 4.1.3

n

0 Karma

the_wolverine
Champion

This is a bug in version 4.1.1 and 4.1.2. It's documented under known issues:

http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/4.1.2/ReleaseNotes/Knownissues#Splunk_Web_and_Manager_inter...

All dashboard panels that are rendered from any scheduled job that was run by the scheduler, appear to get 'last refreshed time' of NaN NaN NaN (SPL-31162)

Will be fixed in 4.1.3.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...