Reporting

not able to display a column displaying data from a lookup table

ajromero
Path Finder

I have this search that actual display all the data I want, but I need to add one more column to display the user full name, so far I get this display

here is the query:

sourcetype=MSExchange:*:MessageTracking source_id=SMTP (event_id=RECEIVE) user_bunit=Energy (recipient_domain="x.com" OR recipient_domain="x.com")
| stats count as RECEIVE by recipient
| append [search sourcetype=MSExchange:*:MessageTracking source_id=SMTP (event_id=SEND) user_bunit=Energy (recipient_domain="x.com" OR recipient_domain="x.com")
|stats count as SEND by recipient]
| append [search sourcetype=MSExchange:*:MessageTracking user_bunit=Energy tag=delivery (recipient_domain="x.com" OR recipient_domain="x.com")
| stats count as delivery by recipient]
|lookup EnergyAD.csv src_user_nick as src_user_nick
| stats values(SEND) as SEND,values(RECEIVE) as RECEIVE, values(delivery) as delivery, values(src_user_nick) as src_user_nick by recipient

| rename recipient as "Email Account" SEND as "Outbound Messages" RECEIVE as "Inbound Messages" delivery as "Internal Messages"

displays this: it does not show anything under src_user_nick (which is the user full name)

ajromero_0-1593022776205.png

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

The_Simko
Path Finder

In your example, the lookup table isn't using any fields to do the lookup with.  

What field matches in the lookup table? I'm guessing recipient
So you'd need:   

| lookup EnergyAD.csv recipient OUTPUT src_user_nick

The above needs recipient to match a field named recipient. See https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.4/SearchReference/Lookup

ajromero
Path Finder

that solve the issues thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...