Reporting

loadjob': The savedsearch argument format is invalid. Expecting 'user:application:savedsearch-name'

erickyi
Path Finder

i created a saved report. avgTrafficVolume as admin (saved it as global permission)

Confirmed it is in the reports list
Confirmed it is in the savedSearches.conf

find . -name 'search.conf' -exec grep avgTrafficVolume {} /dev/null \;

./etc/apps/search/local/savedsearches.conf:[avgTrafficVolume]

Run the loadjob command in splunk web
|loadjob savedsearch="admin.search.avgTrafficVolume"

Expected: the saved report is run
Actual: Error in 'SearchOperator:loadjob': The savedsearch argument format is invalid. Expecting 'user:application:savedsearch-name'.

Did I do anything wrong? What do I need to do to get the loadJob to work?

0 Karma
1 Solution

erickyi
Path Finder

Just guessing that loadJob only works with scheduled report; the scheduled report must be run at least once. I have reconfigured the saved report as scheduled. Will check the results tomorrow.

20171101> updated. confirmed it is working.
| loadJob savedsearch="admin:search:avgTrafficVolume"

Sharing the result to all that loadjob works only for scheduled reports. Hope others will find this useful

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ydeveloper

"Load Job" is not working in production web version 6.4.0.

Kindly suggest.
,i have tried the same but it is still not working.

Kindly help.

0 Karma

erickyi
Path Finder

Just guessing that loadJob only works with scheduled report; the scheduled report must be run at least once. I have reconfigured the saved report as scheduled. Will check the results tomorrow.

20171101> updated. confirmed it is working.
| loadJob savedsearch="admin:search:avgTrafficVolume"

Sharing the result to all that loadjob works only for scheduled reports. Hope others will find this useful

0 Karma

erickyi
Path Finder

i tried this but still failed
| loadjob savedsearch="admin:search:avgTrafficVolume"

Actual: Error in 'SearchOperator:loadjob': Cannot find artifacts for savedsearch_ident 'admin:search:avgTrafficVolume'.

Tried all these combinations
| loadjob savedsearch="avgTrafficVolume"
| loadjob savedsearch="search:avgTrafficVolume"
| loadjob savedsearch="nobody:search:avgTrafficVolume"
| loadjob savedsearch="admin:search:avgTrafficVolume"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...