Reporting

how many jobs is an acceptable number

hugocvg
Explorer

I getting the warning about the jobs in my screen "Too many search jobs found in the dispatch directory" and I was getting rid of them with the clean-dispatch command, starting with the oldest ones, but now I only have todays and yesterdays jobs. Is it OK to keep just the ones from today? or should I increase the limit (limis.conf)?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

jtrucks
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The number of jobs is dependent largely on how much hardware you have. If you have plenty of space and lots of RAM and CPU cycles available, you can turn up lots of these settings. If you are resources constrained, you don't want to turn up the settings on things like this much because you might start having issues, of course.

If you don't need the dispatch files from jobs before today, I believe you most certainly can get rid of old jobs.

--
Jesse Trucks
Minister of Magic
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...