Reporting

format a token/variable in email a scheduled email with pdf attachment

HattrickNZ
Motivator

When I run a scheduled report with PDF atachment, I can use this token in the email body:

$job.latestTime$

Which will result in the following in the email body when the email is sent:

2018-02-08T10:09:02.000+13:00

How can I format this time/date to be as follows YYYY-MM e.g. 2018-02?
Or one step further would be to do current month minus 1 month e.g. 2018-01?

I was thinking something like this

Assuming:

$job.latestTime$    = 2018-02-08T10:09:02.000+13:00

Then I thought I could do something like this in the email body:

eval x=strptime($job.latestTime$,"%Y-%m-%d")

x = $x$

But this does not work. Can I do what I am trying to do here

docs here which gives a list of the available tokens :
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.0/Report/Schedulereports

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

what about - eval x=strptime($job.latestTime$,"%Y-%m-%d")
3. $result.x$

Assuming x is in the search?
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.0/Report/Schedulereports#Use_tokens_in_scheduled_rep...

0 Karma

danielswan
Explorer

Is there an answer that works for scheduled dashboards? With a dashboard, I don't believe you have access to the $results... token.

HattrickNZ
Motivator

when you say Assuming x is in the search?
I am having trouble with this as it is a dashbord with many searches making tables and charts. So does this still apply?

One of the searches is a table that has a field/column called CallSuccessRate. So I have tried to put $result.CallSuccessRate$ in the email body but that just comes through as a blank in my email.

Do I have to configure something in the scripts?

tks

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

Tokens available from results
From results, you use the result. token to access the first value of a specified field in search results. This token is available from the following contexts:

Alert actions
Scheduled reports
Token Description

$result.fieldname$ Returns the first value for the specified field name from the first result in the search. The field name must be present in the search.

Does not specifically say if the token can be used IN the body of the email, but can you check if $result.CallSuccessRate$ comes in something like the alert subject line or something

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...