Reporting

chart too wide in the result portrait PDF

kalitbri
Explorer

Can I control the PDF chart width to prevent it grow too wide in the result PDF file? Thanks.

Tags (1)

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

To me this seems to be pretty much a bug in the PDF server.

0 Karma

ytamura
Path Finder

I was not able to control the width of the chart, but was able to trick it by 1) searching into the future and/or 2) controlling the width of the legend (which can be a fake one if you don't want it to show, since it'll get cutoff)

Please see my answer to this: http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/31061/pdf-report-issue-landscape-format-and-no-csv-data/32333 for details.

0 Karma

rmonge

I also have a similar issue. I'm plotting a timechart with stacked bar graphs for the
search|timechart count(event_type) by event_type

When it renders on my browser it looks fine but the report cuts off the right hand side and some of the bottom (if i add the legend on the bottom). It looks like a result table formats correctly
|top event_type

It resizes to the print window but maybe it's an issue with timechart?

0 Karma

jrodman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm not aware of any direct controls. Perhaps you could show a little more about the kind of data you have, the chart you have, and the problem that occurs in the resulting pdf.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...