Reporting

Will Splunk License Monitoring Console show license usage report for all Splunk deployed product or only for Enterprise?

avisingh1701
Explorer

Hi Team,

I wanted to know whether Splunk License Monitoring Console will show license usage report for all Splunk deployed product or only for Enterprise.

Also Monitoring Console and Cloud Monitoring console what is the difference, I mean i know CMC is for Splunk Cloud Platform and other one is for Enterprise. But wanted to check whether both will show License usage report for all Splunk Product deployment (ex:Splunk RUM, Splunk Enterprise security,Splunk SOAR, Splunk Threat Research).

Do we see usage report for all product in one dashboard or there is different dashboards for all product.

Very confused ,If anybody has any answer please let me know.

Regards,

Avinash

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

SinghK
Builder

Yes then you will be able to see all apps. And you should be able to lic usage for all sources .

View solution in original post

0 Karma

avisingh1701
Explorer

Hi @gcusello ,

If that is the case then how we can monitor our licenses for other product (Splunk UBA,Splunk Enterprise security, Splunk SOAR, Splunk RUM) to be compliant and usage details.

Regards,

Avinash Kumar

0 Karma

SinghK
Builder

Those all will have separate entitlements added to your account only then you can see those apps or info related to them.

avisingh1701
Explorer

Thanks @SinghK ,

Suppose those are in my entitlement, Then will i be able to see in Splunk Enterprise Monitoring Console for all my deployment and License usage report for all products?

Thanks.

0 Karma

SinghK
Builder

Yes then you will be able to see all apps. And you should be able to lic usage for all sources .

0 Karma

avisingh1701
Explorer

Thanks for your reply @gcusello , It really helped.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @avisingh1701,

the difference between Monitor Console and Cloud Monitor Console is the environemnt under monitor: Cloud or Enterprise and, in both cases, Forwarders.

for my knowledge, monitored license is only for Splunk Enterprise or Cloud not for other products or Premium App.

There isn't any app to monitor license consuption for other products, I suppose because the main control is on the indexed logs, so the main Cloud or Enterprise license.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...