Reporting

Why is custom URL token in dashboard studio not passing to open other dashboard?

nivets
Engager

I have table visualization which contains the details of name, course and other details. when am clicking on the any value in the name column that value should pass through the url and it opens the other dashboard to get the entire details of that name. 

We have tried the $row.name.value$,$value$ and other syntax as well but no luck. can any one help me here.

Set token in source code, passed the values in url too but not taking the value.

app/search/dashboarddetails?form.name=$value$

app/search/dashboarddetails?form.name=$row.name.value$ etc.,

And do we have any constraints that only 2 or 3 token will be passed in the url?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this

app/search/dashboarddetails?form.name=$click.value2$
0 Karma

nivets
Engager

even this is not working, the value which i have clicked is not passing

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you share your dashboard source code please (preferably in a codeblock </>)?

0 Karma

nivets
Engager

please find the below source code, hope it will help

The earliest time and latest time are passing as expected and the name from the table is not

{
"type": "splunk.table",
"options": {
"count": 20,
"headerVisibility": "fixed"
},
"dataSources": {
"primary": "ds_sea"
},
"title": "Overview",
"eventHandlers": [
{
"type": "drilldown.setToken",
"tokens": [
{
"token": "Name",
"key": "click.value"
}
]
}
},
{
"type": "drilldown.customUrl",
"url": "/.../.../dashboarddetails? form.fi1.earliest=$fid1.earliest$&form.fi1.latest=$fi1.latest$&form.name=$click.value2$",
"newTab": true
}
}
],
"context": {},
"showProgressBar": false,
"showLastUpdated": false
}

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You might need to make sure it is url encoded

$click.value2|u$
0 Karma

nivets
Engager

No luck, not working.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What isn't working? Do you get a new tab opening? What is the URL (from the address bar) that is being used for the new tab?

0 Karma

nivets
Engager

The new tab is opening but the token which am clicking is not taking in the url. After clicking the value which is passed as token to other dashboard, the url looks like below in new tab:

/.../.../dashboarddetails? form.fi1.earliest=-24h@h&form.fi1.latest=now&form.name=$click.value2|u$

The clicked value is not passing.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It looks like this is still limited in studio (personally, I don't use studio in any meaningful dashboards)

ClassicStudio 
DrilldownYesYes; limited.If you are using the Splunk Dashboard Studio, you can only drilldown to internal directories or external URLs. You can use tokens in the URL.
TokensYesYes; limitedIf you are using Splunk Dashboard Studio, tokens can only be generated using inputs.

What is Splunk Dashboard Studio? - Splunk Documentation

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...