Reporting

Why does "all-time" mean two different things in a report vs. a search?

nick405060
Motivator

Hi,

"All-time" in the search interface means "now and in the future". "Since" in the search interface means "since, up until now". I have always just accepted that "since" behaves weirdly in this way

Today I discovered that "all-time" to the report scheduler means "up until now". That is, it does not populate `dispatch.latest_time` in `savedsearches.conf`. To me it seems extremely dangerous to have two different meanings of "all time" in the search interface vs. the scheduler, especially because you might have all-time search in the search interface that then doesn't work as a savedsearch

What is the logic behind this?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

actually there are two different “all time”. First all time for normal search ( since now) and second one for real time search (to future). Of course the 2nd one needs that you have real time search capability. 
r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...