Reporting

Why do I see an Owner = Splunk Dispatcher (splunk-system-user) in the Jobs managment view?

Ellen
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In the UI I navigate to Jobs and see entries identified as Owner "splunk-system-user" why is that?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Ellen
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If the owner is shown as "Splunk Dispatcher (splunk-system-user)", this means the scheduler ran a job due to a scheduled saved search for which your role has access to view. In 4.1, the owner is just "splunk-system-user".

View solution in original post

the_wolverine
Champion

Jobs that are run as "splunk-system-user" are scheduled searches with no owner specified. If you need to specify an owner for these jobs, refer to the following answer.

Ellen
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If the owner is shown as "Splunk Dispatcher (splunk-system-user)", this means the scheduler ran a job due to a scheduled saved search for which your role has access to view. In 4.1, the owner is just "splunk-system-user".

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...