Reporting

Why can I not embed or schedule reports after switching to Splunk Free?

colinyip

Hi all,

I have switched to Splunk Free after the Enterpise trial expired. The option to set the embedding setting is now missing, and i cannot schedule reports either. However, Free is supposed to still support embedded reports. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

0 Karma

dxw350
Path Finder

Not available on free version. can't schedule reports but can create manual reports and email

0 Karma

dineshraj9
Builder

I am afraid embedding is not supported in Splunk Free license -

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/products/splunk-enterprise/free-vs-enterprise.html

Feature Description

Embedded Reports Embed charts and reports in other third-party business applications external to Splunk Enterprise

Splunk Free N
Splunk Enterprise Y
Splunk Cloud Y

0 Karma

cmaftuleac

I have got the same problem
From the feature comparison table
https://www.splunk.com/en_us/products/splunk-enterprise/free-vs-enterprise.html
I wee that searches and reports should be available to free version.

Could you point to what is wrong?

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

My bet is that the feature is linked to the "search scheduling" because the reports are populated by scheduled searches.
Therefore is not available in splunk free.

colinyip

I can still schedule searches, it is just the embed function that is not available.

0 Karma

colinyip

True, but from their comparison table, the embedded reports feature is shown as applicable for the free version.

0 Karma

jrodman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Scheduled searches & reports is clearly listed as a feature not available with Free.
Why embedded reports might not work is an open question.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...