Reporting

Why are expired, old, deleted jobs still showing in the UI?

dtow1
Path Finder

I am running into an issue where some old jobs that are expired are still showing up in the job activity. They still show as running. But, if you try to stop or delete them again, you get an error that says the job does not exist.

If they had completed normally, they would have been removed already as they roll off after about a month. But some of the broken jobs are about 2 months old.

Thanks for any help.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dtow1
Path Finder
0 Karma

mika703
Engager

btw, The Error is listed in Softwares known issues as

2014-10-02SPL-91638, SPL-107375For scheduled searches in a search head cluster, empty search jobs may appear in the job inspector for a cluster member.
0 Karma

dtow1
Path Finder
0 Karma

mstjohn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi @dtow1,

I'm glad you figured out the solution to your problem. Would you approve your solution so others can learn from your experience?

Thanks for posting!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...