Reporting

Why am I unable to schedule PDF delivery dashboard as non-admin user?

maniu1609
Path Finder

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to create a Scheduled PDF delivery of a dashboard and email that PDF to some internal users. I logged into Splunk as non-admin user, and then ran a query and saved as a dashboard panel. When I clicked on export option, I don't see "Schedule PDF delivery" option. But when I logged in as admin, I could see the option.

May I know what role or capabilities I should add to non-admin user to enable them to schedule the PDF delivery?

Can anyone please help me out here. Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Does you non-admin user role has schedule_search capability ? If not then add this capability and try to schedule it again.

View solution in original post

renjujacob88
Path Finder

For any user having power account,enable "list_settings" capabilities to have this working

0 Karma

ashikuma
Explorer

I am facing this issue on 7.2.3 , already assigned capabilities to role like schedule_search & export_results_is_visible, but still users with role is unable to see schedule pdf delivery button on dashboard. Please suggest

vincentho
Engager

You need to also check if the dashboard has some time input .

Those will disable schedule pdf delivery.
Remove the time inputs from your dashboards, and you will see the schedule pdf delivery option.

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Does you non-admin user role has schedule_search capability ? If not then add this capability and try to schedule it again.

maniu1609
Path Finder

That's wonderful. I'm able to schedule it now. Thanks @harsmarvania57

maniu1609
Path Finder

Also non-admin user role should have list_settings capability

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Great. I have converted my comment to answer so you can accept it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...