Reporting

Why am I having a problem with my schedule searches?

DerekB
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Scheduled searches have stopped sending results via email. If I login to SplunkUI and bring up the scheduled searches from the Manager window, I can see the recent results, but I don't receive any emails. Any idea why?

Even using the sendmail command gives this error:

ERROR [Errno 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions while sending mail to:

1 Solution

DerekB
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In this case, all of the permissions were correct. The problem was McAfee blocking the emails from being sent. If you are experiencing this, try turning of McAfee and see if that allows your emails of your scheduled searches to be sent.

View solution in original post

DerekB
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In this case, all of the permissions were correct. The problem was McAfee blocking the emails from being sent. If you are experiencing this, try turning of McAfee and see if that allows your emails of your scheduled searches to be sent.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...