Reporting

What are the Best graphs for ip addresses?

POR160893
Builder

Hi,

I need to create a dashboard of statistics and graphs for Firewall data.

There is a huge volume of data generated on an hourly basis.

What is the best way to graph ip addresss in a graph?

Like, line graph or pie chart of the counts?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
Legend

Hi @POR160893,

it depends on your needs:

if you need to display a time distribution of the traffic fon an IP a graph line is the best solution, if you want the percentage of another field for an IP you could use the Pie Chart.

My hint is only to filter results, in other words, choose e.g. the ten top IPs or choose on IP, don't leave all IPs in your graph because it could be not readable.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
Legend

Hi @POR160893,

it depends on your needs:

if you need to display a time distribution of the traffic fon an IP a graph line is the best solution, if you want the percentage of another field for an IP you could use the Pie Chart.

My hint is only to filter results, in other words, choose e.g. the ten top IPs or choose on IP, don't leave all IPs in your graph because it could be not readable.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Forwarders and Forced Time Based Load Balancing

Splunk customers use universal forwarders to collect and send data to Splunk. A universal forwarder can send ...

NEW! Log Views in Splunk Observability Dashboards Gives Context From a Single Page

Today, Splunk Observability releases log views, a new feature for users to add their logs data from Splunk Log ...

Last Chance to Submit Your Paper For BSides Splunk - Deadline is August 12th!

Hello everyone! Don't wait to submit - The deadline is August 12th! We have truly missed the community so ...