Reporting

What are the Best graphs for ip addresses?

POR160893
Builder

Hi,

I need to create a dashboard of statistics and graphs for Firewall data.

There is a huge volume of data generated on an hourly basis.

What is the best way to graph ip addresss in a graph?

Like, line graph or pie chart of the counts?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @POR160893,

it depends on your needs:

if you need to display a time distribution of the traffic fon an IP a graph line is the best solution, if you want the percentage of another field for an IP you could use the Pie Chart.

My hint is only to filter results, in other words, choose e.g. the ten top IPs or choose on IP, don't leave all IPs in your graph because it could be not readable.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @POR160893,

it depends on your needs:

if you need to display a time distribution of the traffic fon an IP a graph line is the best solution, if you want the percentage of another field for an IP you could use the Pie Chart.

My hint is only to filter results, in other words, choose e.g. the ten top IPs or choose on IP, don't leave all IPs in your graph because it could be not readable.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...